Ways To Give
It is easier than ever to support the Southern Maine Agency on Aging.
There are many ways to donate:
- Cash Gifts. This is the simplest method for giving. Donations can be made online via a secure site or by mail. Gifts can be designated as unrestricted or restricted for a specific Southern Maine Agency on Aging program.
- Tribute Gifts. If you are looking to give a gift to the Southern Maine Agency on Aging, you may honor or remember a friend or loved one with your donation.
- Matching Gifts. Thousands of companies match—or even multiply—donations by employees, and in some cases, retired employees. Some companies will make contributions when employees have volunteered a certain number of hours. Ask your employer if they have a matching gift program, and if so, ask how to apply for a matching gift.
- Stocks and Securities. A gift of long-term appreciated securities has a major advantage—it eliminates capital gains tax liability for the donor to the extent allowable by law. You receive credit for the mean value of the securities on the date transferred. Stock Transfer Instructions (PDF)
- In-Kind Gifts. Antiques, office furniture—gifts of tangible personal property may provide you or your business with desirable charitable tax deductions. You are responsible for substantiating the value of your in-kind gift for tax purposes. If the value of your gift exceeds $5,000, you will need a written appraisal.
- Pledges. Pledges, typically major gifts designated for a particular program or purpose, are commitments to be fulfilled over a prescribed period of time (usually three to five years). For example, a gift of $25,000 may be paid in installments of $5,000 per year for five years. The details of your gift are recorded on a letter of intent that the Southern Maine Agency on Aging prepares for your signature.
Other Ways To Give
- Planned Giving. There are many ways to give to the Southern Maine Agency on Aging well into the future. Planned giving can help you give, while still providing you or someone you designate with favorable financial and/or tax benefits.
- Endowed Gifts. A gift to the Southern Maine Agency on Aging's endowment helps ensure that we can remain forward-looking and ready to meet our mission despite economic downturns. Donors who support our endowment have the satisfaction of knowing that programs they support will receive permanant funding.