Truslow Adult Day Health Center
Since 1982, the Truslow Adult Day Health Center in Saco has been providing therapeutic activities, personal care, lunch and snacks for adults who need physical or emotional support during the day. This is an especially useful service for seniors whose caregivers—often family members—are not available during the day due to work or the need for a break from caregiving. Sometimes the mental stimulation offered during the day at Truslow is just what a family member needs to feel content living with the limits of their cognitive decline.
The Truslow Adult Day Health Center is licensed by the State of Maine and staffed by a team of professionals and volunteers dedicated to the care and well being of program participants. Recreational activities throughout the day provide wonderful social and mental stimulation for everyone. A registered nurse is on staff to oversee the healthcare needs of participants.
The Center is a contracted provider for MaineCare and Elder Independence of Maine. Many veterans qualify for a VA benefit that pays for adult day services.
- Therapeutic recreation activities. Activities include: daily exercise, crafts, outings, gardening, cooking, musical performances and guest speakers.
- Health assessments and evaluations. A registered nurse performs these assessments on a monthly basis.
- Hot, nutritious noon meals and refreshments. Meals and refreshments are designed to meet each participant's specific dietary requirements.
- Medication dispensing. Licensed nurses and medical assistants dispense medications as required.
- Information and assistance. Staff help participants and caregivers gain access to other services in the community.
- Transportation. Transportation is provided, on a limited basis, to and from the Center on our handicapped accessible bus.
- Caregiver support. A monthly caregiver support group provides emotional support and resources for caregivers.
Hours of Operation
The Center is open five days a week with specific hours based on participant need. Generally we are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Truslow Adult Day Center is located on 333 Lincoln Street in Saco, Maine.
There is an hourly charge to participate at the Truslow Adult Day Health Center. In addition, fees may be covered by long-term care insurance, MaineCare, the Veterans Administration, the Bureau of Development Services or others. Staff will help you explore funding options or fees can be paid outright by the participant.
Commitment to Reasonable Accommodation:
SMAA will, with adequate notice and upon request, provide appropriate auxiliary aids and services to persons with disabilities, to assist in effective communication and to participate equally in programs, services and activities. From the Portland calling area, call 396-6503 or 1-800-427-7411 x503 to make your request.