Are you age 55 or older with a desire to get involved and time to give? Our Retired and Senior Volunteer Program–-or RSVP as we call it–might be the answer for you. RSVP will work with you to help you find just the right volunteer opportunity in an Agency on Aging program or in a community non profit or with a health care provider that serves the whole community.
How it Works
First, give us a call or send us an email. A RSVP coordinator will talk with you to discuss your background, interests and ideas.
After gathering information on the phone, the coordinator will set-up a time to meet with you in-person to discuss volunteer opportunities that might be a good match for you. Then, you choose the volunteer assignment that sounds like it will work for you.
Once you are matched with a volunteer assignment, your RSVP coordinator will go with you to the volunteer site to get you started. Your RSVP coordinator will stay in touch with you throughout your volunteering efforts to make sure things are going well–and, to help accommodate changes as needed or desired.
There are many choices of volunteer opportunities. In fact, through RSVP, you can volunteer with any of more than 80 non-profit organizations in southern Maine. Some of the opportunities include:
- Supporting seniors
- Tutoring students
- Mentoring youth
- Assisting immigrants
Putting your Professional or Technical Skills to Work
If you are interested in putting your professional background to work, RSVP can find a match for you!
Benefits of RSVP
Naturally, one of the greatest benefits of participating in RSVP is the satisfaction that you are using your life experience to make a difference in the lives of others. But, there are some additional benefits as well, including:
- Flexibility. RSVP works with your schedule and can accommodate short-term or seasonal volunteering. In addition, you can change your volunteer assignments along the way.
- Variety. Drawing from more than 80 non-profit organizations in Southern Maine, RSVP offers a huge variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Individual Attention. RSVP works with you to match your interests, your skills and your schedule with available volunteer opportunities.
- On-Site Support. An RSVP coordinator will go with you to your volunteer sites to help you get started.
- On-going Support. An RSVP coordinator will stay in touch with you to make sure everything is going well and to help find different opportunities if desired.
- Recognition. RSVP–and the organizations it works with–provide ongoing recognition of your contribution.
- Insurance. While volunteering through RSVP, you are eligible for accident and liability insurance.
How to Get Started
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 207-396-6525 or send an email today. We look forward to helping you find a volunteer opportunity that fits what you'd like to do!