Programs & Services
Center for Agewell Programs
Do You Have Concerns About Falling?
- Are you, or a family member, restricting activities because of falling concerns?
- Have you fallen in the past?
- Do you want to improve your balance, flexibility, and strength?
- Are you are 60 or older, ambulatory and able to problem-solve?
If you said yes to one or more of these questions then A Matter of Balance can help.
A Matter of Balance is a nationally recognized program designed to reduce the fear of falling and encourage activity. The workshops are given in two hour sessions once a week for eight weeks.
You will learn to:
- View falls and fear of falling as controllable
- Set realistic goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce falls at home
- Promote exercise to increase strength and balance
What does it cost?
The fee is $20 for the entire 8-week series and includes a workbook. Scholarships are available.
Interested in attending a class?
Check out our schedule of available classes.
Matter of Balance Flyer - PDF