The Southern Maine Agency on Aging’s mission is to improve the quality of life for older adults, adults with disabilities, and the people who care for them.
- We envision a community in which older people are able to live to their fullest potential.
- We will provide older adults in southern Maine with useful information, resources and services to help them meet their changing needs.
- We will promote effective learning, social connections and healthy lifestyles that maximize independence and security.
- We will provide extra help to those who are challenged by unusual health, social and/or economic circumstances.
- We will offer older adults meaningful volunteer opportunities so they, and their families, will experience productive and fulfilling lives while benefiting their communities.
- We will promote partnerships throughout the community to enhance our reach and effectiveness for the benefit of older adults.
Our Strategic Goals
- To be the recognized source of information, programs, referral and benefits for older adults and their caregivers in southern Maine.
- To be a champion for the adoption by older adults of healthy and active lifestyles.
- To be a leader in improving the quality of life for those who are dealing with challenging health, economic and/or social issues.
- To be a resource for older adults and their caregivers by creating and maintaining collaborations with health care and business organizations.
- To increase the percentage of Agency annual revenue derived from non-governmental sources by exploring alternate sources.
- To maximize philanthropic support and fees for service from all constituent groups to support the strategic vision and goals of the organization.
- To increase the number, diversity and complexity of volunteer activities throughout the Agency.
- To meet the changing needs of older adults and their caregivers by offering innovative and high impact approaches to service delivery.
- To enhance program, staff and volunteer effectiveness in accomplishing our mission.
- To develop ongoing cost containment and service efficiency strategies for improved organizational performance and accountability.