Programs & Services
"Welcome to Medicare" Seminars
Understand what you need to know.
Make Informed decisions.
SMAA offers Seminars to help you sort through your Medicare options—and to help you enroll. If you are turning 65 in the next year, consider registering to attend a "Welcome to Medicare" Seminar to help you maximize your benefits.
While there is no fee for this service, we welcome a suggested donation of $35 to attend, which includes a one-on-one follow up session. No one will be turned away for the inability to make the suggested donation. Volunteers and donations help SMAA offer this service.
Registration is required. Call 396-6500 in the Portland area or
1-800-427-7411 to sign up or send an online form. For Sanford, please see below for phone numbers.
- Seminars are offered each month and individual sessions are available every week in Bridgton.**
- Seminars are two hours long, beginning at 10:00 a.m. and some evenings.
You can trust SMAA because we do NOT sell insurance policies.
Monthly Schedule & Locations of Seminars
- Scarborough - Southern Maine Agency on Aging,
136 US Route One
Mondays and Thursdays. Call for days and times including evenings. 207-396-6500 in greater Portland or 1-800-427-7411 long distance, toll free.
- Sanford - Goodall Hospital, 25 June Street, Sanford
1st Tuesday / 2:00 - 4:00 pm.
- Windham - Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church,
919 Roosevelt Trail
1st & 3rd Tuesdays / 10:00 - Noon
- **Reach Stan Cohen through the Bridgton Community Center at 647-3116 for an appointment.
If you are concerned about weather cancellations, call ahead prior to your appointment: 1-800-427-7411 or in greater Portland, call
What to Bring to a One-on-One Appointment
- Your Medicare Card (if you have one)
- Your Social Security Number
- A list of drugs (and quantities) you take
- Income and asset figures (in case you qualify for reduced costs)
- Your current health insurance information