Answers to your Questions About Giving

Is it safe to make an online donation? Yes, we use a secure sitefor online donations. Of course, if you feel more comfortable, you can make a donation by telephone (use a major credit card) or by sending a check.

Can I make a gift in honor or memory of a special person? Yes, we welcome gifts to honor or remember someone of your choice. You can give this gift online, by phone or by mail. Simply indicate this preference on your donation form.

Will you be sharing my name and contact information with others? No, the Southern Maine Agency on Aging does not sell or exchange its mailing list.

What is Southern Maine Agency on Aging’s Legal Name? All charitable gifts should be directed to the Southern Maine Agency on Aging, a charitable, tax-exempt organization located in Scarborough, Maine.

What is Southern Maine Agency on Aging’s Tax ID Number? The Southern Maine Agency on Aging’s Tax ID (EIN) number is 01-0360259. Contact the Development Office at 207 396-6590 for a copy of our 501 (c) (3) tax letter or for instructions on how to give securities, etc. We are registered with the State of Maine as a charitable organization.

Does the Southern Maine Agency on Aging provide legal or financial advice? Our development office provides support for individuals who wish to make charitable gifts. We do not, however, offer legal or financial advice. We strongly recommend that individuals consult with their legal, financial and tax advisors as they consider any type of planned gift.

I want to designate Southern Maine Agency on Aging in my will. How do I do this? Including Southern Maine Agency on Aging in your will can provide tax or other financial advantages to you or your heirs. Learn more.

Still have questions about giving? We welcome your calls!





Make an online donation using our secure form


Southern Maine Agency on Aging
136 US Route 1
Scarborough ME 04074

By Mail

Download and Print Donation Form

For Personal Assistance

Kate Putnam
Director of Development
1-800-427-7411, ext. 590

Liz Thompson
Development Coordinator
1-800-427-7411, ext. 591

Susan Wilder, CFRE
Manager of Foundation Relations 207-396-6513
1-800-427-7411, ext. 513