Programs & Services
Family Caregiver Support Program Caregiver Resources
- Online Tools for Caregivers : Create a password protected site to share information with family and friends.
Caregiver Self Care
- Caring for a Person with Alzheimer's Disease A comprehensive guide that offers easy-to-understand information and advice for family caregivers of people with progressive dementia. A publication of the National Institutes of Health and the National Institute on Aging.
- Coach Broyle's Playbook for Alzheimer's Caregivers is a practical guide for families caring for someone with dementia. This is not medical advice, but helpful tips from someone who has been through the journey of Alzheimer’s and shares his personal expertise in a unique format. With thanks to the Broyles family for their generosity.
- Family Caregiver Guide, a comprehensive overview of dementia written by the New York City Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.
- NFCA Tip Sheet to support caregivers of people with dementia from the National Family Caregivers Association.
- Caring for the Caregiver, the Emmy nominated documentary highlighting the difficulties of caring for loved ones with dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Website also contains links to resources. Courtesy of MPBN.
- Ten Real Life Strategies for Dementia Caregiving courtesy of the Family Caregiver Alliance.
Information to Guide You
- Handbook for Long Distance Caregivers a publication of the Family Caregiver Alliance
- HIPAA: Questions and Answers for Family Caregivers a publication of the United Hospital Fund
- Your Discharge Planning Checklist a publication of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
** Tip sheets courtesy of AnneMarie Catanzano, MA, Coordinator Community Living Programs, SMAA
Resources for Planning Ahead
- Guidebook for the Caregiving Journey, an older adult / caregiver workbook for gathering information, identifying resources, comparing living alternatives, and compiling legal and financial information, generously shared by MaineHealth’s Partnership for Healthy Aging.
- Starting the Long Term Care Insurance search a guide to help you choose a policy, courtesy of Kerry Peabody, CSA, CLTC, Clark Insurance
- Understanding Your Long Term Care Policy a guide to help interpret your policy from The Eldercare Team
- The Day After Guide a guide to assist those you leave behind after your death with the process of dealing with your financial affairs, courtesy of Smilie Gregg Rogers, Esq., Law Office of Smilie G. Rogers, PLLC.
* Thank you to the Partnership for Healthy Aging for these tip sheets! Taken from Guidebook for the Caregiving Journey.
Feel free to call Kate Fallon or Ann O’Sullivan at SMAA (1-800-427-7411) with questions.